- Jakarta mulls topping up healthcare premium - Jakarta Post - May 21, 2013
- New Tool Helps Healthcare Consumers - NBC Bay Area - May 21, 2013
- Healthcare workers strike at five California public hospitals - Reuters - May 21, 2013
- Molina Healthcare breaks ground on new complex at former Press-Telegram site - Long Beach Press-Telegram - May 21, 2013
- Senate votes to make small cut to food stamps in farm bill - Washington Post - May 21, 2013
Chamber Legislative Affairs Division
- Government should first "do no harm" to the Lubbock area economy.
- City and County government should focus on priorities that will foster a favorable business climate and grow Lubbock commerce, industry and jobs.
- Government should get out of the way by streamlining government processes and cutting red tape whenever and wherever possible.
- When City and County government agencies contract out work, they should hire locally when possible and practical.
- When government agencies regulate or take action they should keep a careful eye on issues of competitiveness locally, regionally, state-to-state and globally.