- Pelosi: No Taxpayers Money for Illegals' Healthcare - Newsmax.com - May 23, 2013
- Senate rejects amendment to end tobacco farm subsidies - The Hill (blog) - May 23, 2013
- Molina Healthcare of California Selected to Participate in the Covered ... - DailyFinance - May 23, 2013
- US Chamber Asks Supreme Court to Hear NLRB Case - Wall Street Journal (blog) - May 23, 2013
- Senate rejects GM food labeling amendment to farm bill - The Guardian - May 23, 2013
International Trade / Immigration
- Support immigration policies and procedures that are responsible, efficient, and fair. Urge Congress and the administration to address current and potential delays, backlogs, and disruptions in our immigration and border management systems that impede the movement of legitimate cargo and travelers across U.S. borders. Continue to advance long-term legal immigration objectives to secure additional workers to counteract demographic trends. Ensure the continuity of H-1B, L-1 and J-1 medical visas for professionals and highly valued workers. Push for continuation of employers’ ability to access needed talent and meet global workforce needs. Urge a workable guest-worker program that encourages secure, documented entry to the U.S.
- Support efforts to make certain that Chinese regulations and practices governing foreign trade and investment do not result in an uneven playing field and inhibit the market access that underlies China’s World Trade Organization (WTO) commitments. Continue to closely monitor China’s progress toward meeting its outstanding and year-five WTO obligations.
- Support efforts to ensure that a final deal in the WTO negotiations does not include premature and unwarranted U.S. concessions on anti-dumping and other trade remedy laws that would harm U.S. and West Texas agriculture or industry.
- Advocate for a fair, robust trade agenda so that U.S. companies and agricultural producers can export their goods and services around the globe to create jobs for Americans.
Trade News Feed
May 23, 2013Small Businesses Dodged a Bullet on E-Verify – For Now
Small Business Trends
May 23, 2013India, Australia 'progressing well' on Free Trade Agreement talks
May 22, 2013Costa Rica and Colombia sign free trade deal
May 22, 2013Exeter buys 1.2 million square feet in International Trade Center - The Star-Ledger
May 22, 20134 Arkansas companies honored for global trade
May 22, 2013Obama's inspired choice for US Trade Representative
The Hill (blog)
May 22, 2013Climate change, trade policy enter debate over Keystone XL
May 22, 2013Oman's free trade zone bullish on Indian investments
May 22, 2013Free trade talks with the US - what should the EU's red lines be?
May 21, 2013Excluding Bangladesh from free trade will hurt workers