- tx SB 5: Relating to the allocation to the state highway fund and the available school fund of certain motor vehicle sales, use, and rental tax revenue and to the uses of the revenue allocated to the state highway fund.
- tx SB 6: Relating to public school performance ratings.
- tx SB 7: Relating to the computation of and to decreasing the rates of the franchise tax.
- tx SB 8: Relating to the total revenue exemption for the franchise tax.
- tx SB 13: Relating to measures to support public school student academic achievement and career preparation, including measures to improve and support dual credit courses and the development of public outreach materials.
Dear Chamber Members,
For more than a century, the Lubbock Chamber of Commerce has worked to advocate for the Lubbock business community and area economy.
As we move forward with our advocacy efforts, we are proud to welcome you to the Lubbock Chamber of Commerce legislative and political advocacy action center, LubbockBusinessVotes.com.
Here you'll find all the tools you'll need to contact your members of Congress and keep them informed on issues relating to Lubbock business as well as to help you keep up-to-date with the political process, issues and candidates in order to make informed decisions.
Your elected officials exist to represent your views and interests, but they need to hear from you to know how to do so. You are in the best position to engage and educate them about how laws and regulations impact your bottom line.
If you don't do it, who will? Click on "Take Action" to the right and find tools and information to help you let your elected officials know how you feel about the issues.
When the election season heats up, click below to find the latest voting requirements, and to learn more about the candidates running and the issues at stake.
Thank you for taking the time to get involved.
2015 Chairman of the Board
Thanks to George McMahan Development
for supporting business through advocacy!
Our Twitter Feed
New member: Marshalls http://t.co/sC3JjYWaaj
1 Hours Ago
RT @RepJimKeffer: Thank you for your work on #hb40 @drewdarby4Tx. It is the proper balance of the mineral estate and interests of cities to…
19 Hours Ago
SB13 by Sen @ElectCharles passes Sen 30-0. Implements college/career exploration class for middle school & lifts dual credit caps. #txlege
20 Hours Ago