The history of Texas is rooted in farming and ranching, but agriculture is not just the state’s past. Farming and ranching is the driving economic force in the state’s present, and very likely, its future—if a report from the World Health Organization doesn’t inadvertently hinder that industry.
Contact Your Elected Officials
- tx SB 5: Relating to the allocation to the state highway fund and the available school fund of certain motor vehicle sales, use, and rental tax revenue and to the uses of the revenue allocated to the state highway fund.
- tx SB 1009: Relating to the amount of a sales and use tax refund for tangible personal property used to provide cable television service, Internet access service, or telecommunications services.
- tx SB 6: Relating to public school performance ratings.
- tx SB 7: Relating to the computation of and to decreasing the rates of the franchise tax.
- tx SB 8: Relating to the total revenue exemption for the franchise tax.
Dear Chamber Members,
For more than a century, the Lubbock Chamber of Commerce has worked to advocate for the Lubbock business community and area economy.
As we move forward with our advocacy efforts, we are proud to welcome you to the Lubbock Chamber of Commerce legislative and political advocacy action center, LubbockBusinessVotes.com.
Here you'll find all the tools you'll need to contact your members of Congress and keep them informed on issues relating to Lubbock business as well as to help you keep up-to-date with the political process, issues and candidates in order to make informed decisions.
Your elected officials exist to represent your views and interests, but they need to hear from you to know how to do so. You are in the best position to engage and educate them about how laws and regulations impact your bottom line.
If you don't do it, who will? Click on "Take Action" to the right and find tools and information to help you let your elected officials know how you feel about the issues.
When the election season heats up, click below to find the latest voting requirements, and to learn more about the candidates running and the issues at stake.
Thank you for taking the time to get involved.
2015 Chairman of the Board
Canada just elected a new Prime Minister, how does that impact you? Find out here.
An executive order signed by President Barack Obama will require federal contractors to give employees up to seven paid sick days every year. The new policy will take effect in 2017.
Thanks to George McMahan Development
for supporting business through advocacy!
Our Twitter Feed
It's Small Business Saturday! Shop local at our member businesses! Access our online directory here. #ShopSmall https://t.co/WsBIyg17bv
7 Hours Ago
We wish you & your family a happy Thanksgiving. We are so thankful for our members & all that you do for the Chamber and our community.
2 Days Ago
Our office will close at noon today for the Thanksgiving holiday. We will resume normal business hours on Mon., Nov. 30. Happy Thanksgiving!
3 Days Ago